Health Equalities Group were the lead partner in two of the Health 25 work programmes. The general aim of the project is to improve the health of youths between 16 and 20, who currently do not have a job and are currently not receiving any education or training.
These factors are considered as socio-economic disadvantages for this target group.
Developing a health promotion concept targeting this group and their associated determinants of health will aim to improve the general living situation of this group of people.
The concept aims at improving and preserving health by positively influencing certain factors such as raising levels of health literacy and increasing educational and training possibilities for youth groups.
The project HEALTH 25 has the following objectives:
- Creation of a literature review focusing on the social determinants of the target group. Based on this review develop a questionnaire, carry out focus group discussions and make face to face interviews in the partner countries with young people. Summary of the survey and conclusions.
- Development of the pedagogical and psychological concept part including motivation factors of the target group approaches for reaching and involving the target group etc.
- Development of the health training and intervention programme. Physical training for the target group including input and output indicators for physical health determinants.
- Combination of the two concepts and finalisation of the holistic health training and intervention programme for health promotion for the target group
- Pilot implementation of the holistic health training and intervention programme for the target group, selection and attraction of representatives of the target group, implementation of the concept
- detailed evaluation of the success and improvement factors