This year pressures on national and local budgets alike mean even less money to promote better health amongst people on Merseyside.
Did you know that 80% of heart disease and 40% of cancers before the age of 75 years are related to our lifestyles?
Whilst everyone apperciates it's cheapern to help people live healthier lives before waiting to treat them, less and less funding is available to support our most vulnerable citizens. Here at Heart of Mersey we've been working closely with the communities of Liverpool for more than 10 years to improve the life chances of excluded groups. And this year we plan to do even more.
We have been delighted by the interest shown by the City's businesses following our Christmas Appeal and we are writing to you again in the hope that you may consider a contribution to our work this year.
This year we aim to improve the lives of local people by:
- Supporting children in care to learn more about buying, preparing and cooking healthier food;
- Working with local groups to help their most vulnerable users give up tobacco;
- Responding to the national concern about the volume of sugar and sugary drinks in our diets to help young people and schools to 'give up loving pop';
- Supporting our green space heritage to provide opportunities for our health and wellbeing through walking and cycling.
How you can help
Any form of support you can offer is important. As a charity our work with vulnerable people relies on the support of the public and local businesses. If you would like to support us in 2016 you may consider:
- A one-off donation: any amount, no matter how small, helps us to tackle the health inequalities experienced by children in care. (Donations of any size will be recognised on our website- unless you request otherwise).
- A recurring donation: recurring donations are particularly helpful, since they allow us better to predict and plan for the future.
- Becoming a Corporate Sponsor of Heart of Mersey: becoming a Corporate Sponsor provides you with a range of benefits for you and your employees (tailored health policy advice on alcohol, smoking, diet and nutrition to improve workforce efficiency) while helping us to continue our valuable work.
Use the button below to make donations. You you can set up a direct debit or make a secure one-off payment with all the major debit and credit cards.